Style Moment | Spring Monochrome

NEW LOOK CARMEN BOOTS.

What is a girl to do at 3:23am, when getting blood from a stone seems more likely than getting a little shut eye? Shop. Us insomniac girls, we shop. Especially when it was student loan day less than 24 hours ago.

The websites I tend to hit up include the likes of: Missguided, Daisy Street, Pretty Little Thing, Topshop, eBay, ASOS etc etc. Then, if i'm feeling particularly lavish, Net-A-Porter and The Outnet. It's very rarely that I actually purchase anything from the latter two, but I like to dream. 
Lately I've been sensing a trend and seeing lots of bloggers purchasing boots similar to these from Pretty Little Thing, and although they're a little high and not really something that I would find myself wearing too often, I did want to get in on the chunky sole trend. 

After coming across these monochrome Carmen ankle boots from New Look (found at ASOS), I began to justify them to myself. They would undoubtedly go with a lot of my wardrobe, be comfortable and stylish enough to wear from day to night, and I could wear them on Osbourne Road (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK)  for the bank holiday this coming Sunday; but the point that had me sold, was that they're only £20.50 in the sale. It's safe to say that they were purchased in less than 60 seconds.


Baily Moto Jacket // Giambattista Valli Embellished Top // BLK DNM Skinny Jeans // Chanel J12 Watch // Moschino Violetta iPhone Case // New Look Carmen Cleated Sole Ankle Boots

Seeing as I've been trying to find topics to blog about on a daily basis recently, I thought it would be a good idea to do a 'How To Style' post and show you how I plan on wearing the boots on the bank holiday this week. It's obvious that the items I've chosen are from my dream wish list, but it's easy to replicate the look just by popping up to your high street and seeing what's on offer there.

I wanted to keep the look in tune with the boots and having everything monochrome. Especially seeing as I'm an avid 'all black (and white) everything' fan. I added in the Chanel J12 watch as that is one beaut that I've wanted to get my hands on for years, and the Moschino Violetta bunny iPhone case just ties the look together nicely with a little Easter flourish.

Have you bought into the chunky sole trend this season? If so, leave your blog links below - I'd love to check them out! xo



Comments

Popular Posts