Get The Look | Designer Sneaks

ATTENTION SNEAKER HEADS.

One thing I love wearing more than a good all-black ensemble, is a pair of sneakers. Seriously, why would you wear anything other than a comfy pair of Nikes, New Balance or Adidas kicks if you have the option? Exactly. One pair of sneakers that I've wanted to get my hands on for a while though, were the patent white croc leather high tops, with gold plating and zip detailing. Priced at around £500, they weren't something that I was going to acquire easily or any time soon. 

But I had a plan.

What do you do when you want to get your hands on designer goodies, but don't have the means to do so? Besides get a credit card and go all Confessions of A Shopaholic? You head to eBay. I knew that genuine GZ sneaks would still be a bomb second hand, so I had the idea to search the Asian market on the website. Free shipping, usually only takes 1 - 2 weeks to deliver and their products are ridiculous cheaper than retailers in the UK. After a bit of a browse and trying different keywords, I finally came across an almost identical (unisex) pair and what do you know? I had options of having them in white, black or navy. All for just a little more than £20. Bargain.

Gold plated patent sneakers & LA Lakers basketball beanie (both from eBay)
I know that the majority of fashion industry insiders the world over will be shaking their heads at me right now, but when you're a student on (what is supposed to be) a budget, you can't really fork out hundreds of pounds for sneakers when you have the little things to pay for; like rent, food and that ever growing social calendar. Seriously though, why does it always seem to be somebody's birthday every week?

After choosing the sneakers in white, I was seriously impressed with how similar they are to the original GZ design. Unless you physically took a magnifying glass to them and really inspected every last detail, you wouldn't be any wiser that they came from a little shack in China, and not the cobbled streets of my darling Italia.

If you, like me, can't afford the originals (believe me, if I had the money then I would have bought the designer pair) then you can click this link here and purchase the wannabe's for yourself. 

You're welcome xo


Comments

Popular Posts