What Is Happening To Fashion?

Fashion Through The Years;
Where Is It Now?



"Fashion is forever changing" - that's the quote that we hear on an almost daily basis as a fashion student. But is it really true? From the 1900's to 2000's, fashion developed at such a rapid pace, that it was almost difficult to keep up with what was In and what was considered Out at any one time. Each decade had it's trends and faux pas and as a result, we now find ourselves looking at an outfit and thinking, "that is such a classic 20's look", or "feeling inspiration from the 80's today, love?".

That, however, is exactly the problem with fashion nowadays. It just recycles and repeats itself. Designers and street style are using trends from decades passed and integrating it with florals for Spring and dark colours for Fall. It's repetitive and quite frankly, boring me to tears. I used to look forward to Fashion Week (I still do, don't get me wrong), to see what sort of clothes would be on our high streets six months from then, but now I feel as though I couldn't care less. 

This might seem a little out of the blue and strange to randomly start talking about, but I was just catching up on all of the Couture fashion collections from last week (I was in Leeds for 5 days, so I didn't have time to keep on top of it all) and just did not find more than one collection that I felt that I could write about without falling asleep half way through. Even my idol Elie Saab had me thinking that I was suffering from a case of Deja Vu and had seen it all before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting designers to come up with something completely new every time they create a collection, but I just don't want to see similar things every time. No one does. Especially with Couture - it's supposed to be unique for crying out loud!

Perhaps it is this reason that I haven't been all that interested in blogging these past few months. I just haven't found something that makes me think 'Wow, I have to write about this'. And that's really disappointing. Maybe I should expand Vita di Moda into lifestyle and then I would have more to write about? Everyone loves a good sex and relationship blog, let's be honest...


What do you think about fashion nowadays? Do you think it's as repetitive as I do? Let me know what you think!

Photo Credit: www.mytights.com

Comments

Popular Posts