All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Northumbria University:
Fashion Film - All That Glitters Isn't Gold


Seeing as I've just finished my first year at Northumbria University studying Fashion Communication, I thought I would share a fashion film with you all that my friend Sophie and I worked on together. Oh, she has a blog as well, so you should go check her out if you fancy some new reading material - The Girl With The Blue Bow

We were given a pretty open brief, simply asking us to create a 2 minute long fashion film. When Soph and I put our heads together, we decided that we didn't want to create something that was so obviously fashion focused: i.e all about shoes, or clothes etc. In the end, we went with a theme/topic that isn't widely spoken about in today's culture, yet it happens more often than we would care to realise - abuse. The glitter was added simply as a means of bringing some sort of fashion aspect into the film and it also helped provide us with a title for our film.

Considering how often this happens to people on a daily basis, we didn't want to sensationalise the issue, or portray it in a distasteful way. What we came up with seemed to go over well with our class and lecturers, so I hope you will all enjoy it as much as they did. 


                                  

Music: Passenger - Let Her Go

Comments

Popular Posts