Milan Fashion Week SS'13: Day 3

Milan Fashion Week SS'13:
Day 3

Day three of MFW gave us some of the most exciting collections yet: Moschino, Just Cavalli, Versus, Versace, Etro and more. Versace was definitely my one must-see show this week, as I just adore how powerful, sexy and fierce Donatella portrays her woman to be. She is a force to be reckoned with and in this day and age, women need to be seen as that. 

Versace

 What I love more than anything about Donatella Versace as a designer is exactly what I said above: she portrays women to be a force to be reckoned with; like some sort of Roman warrior princess, but still keeping her sense of sheer femininity and softness about her. My favourite looks for Spring 2013 from Versace has got to be to slashed evening gowns in deep blue and tie-dye. The exposure of skin is just enough to look sexy but sophisticated and those gold waist belts with fringe detailing are just amazing in my opinion - as are the fringed gladiator boots and that sexy little gold fringed number second from the left above. I love the halter neck detailing and the movement that comes from the dress when shimmied down the runway. There were also some rather hippie looking pieces in the collection, with lace-trimmed leather (shorts, dresses, tops, jackets), tie-dye and crushed fabrics. It was a more subtle nod to the 60's theme that has repeatedly shown up at shows this week in Milan and I loved it.

Etro

Oriental florals are another trend which has popped up in Milan this week and seems to be a trend that designers didn't want to end in AW'12. I loved the peacock print black dress with knee-high slit and the total eruption of florals in this collection; whether they be on the front of trousers, or spreading up the sides of an outfit like a vine. I did say at the start of Fashion Month that I was hoping designers might surprise us with something other than the predictable floral, but after seeing how the Italians are doing it in Milan, I think I can just forget about my past comment and embrace florals full force next Spring/Summer. 

 Just Cavalli

After seeing this collection by Just Cavalli, I Just want to be a Cavalli girl. I don't really like to wear animal print or denim all that much - unless it's a pair of skinny jeans (the denim, not the print) - however I may just be swayed to give it a go next season. With purple being my favourite colour, it is needless to say that I was over the moon with the colour making such a prominent appearance on the runway: dropped waist silk dresses, thrown in next to animal print on trousers and printed onto A-symmetrical cut tops - it was everywhere and I absolutely adored it all. The theme for the collection was quite obviously a dive in the ocean, with the models looking like exotic fish with sequinned scales and brightly coloured fins (look at the dress 3rd from the right up top). The styling, hair and makeup themselves were appealing for me personally, purely because they were wearable looks that the majority of us sport in every day life: The middle parting, slight wave and fresh, yet sultry looking makeup just ticked all the right boxes. It was just stunning to watch the collection flow down the runway.

Which collection is your favourite?

Photo Credit: www.vogue.co.uk - edited on Polyvore.

Comments

Popular Posts