Kristen Stewart for Vanity Fair July

Vanity Fair July 2012 Issue:
Kristen Stewart

“I Don’t Care About the Voracious, Starving Shit Eaters”



Hands up if you look at July's Vanity Fair cover and immediately start feeling green with envy? Yeah, I'm definitely joining you with this. Kristen Stewart landed her first solo cover for Vanity Fair, posing with a cute teacup pomeranian for the July issue. The infamous Mario Testino shot the star in Paris for the cover and editorial, so it's a given that the spread and cover would be fabulous. I actually can't get over just how amazing KS looks. Ugh, totally jealous.

The best thing about the editoral? The fact that the star slams the negative press she receives on her photographs so honestly:
“I have been criticized a lot for not looking perfect in every photograph, I get some serious shit about it. I’m not embarrassed about it. I’m proud of it. If I took perfect pictures all the time, the people standing in the room with me, or on the carpet, would think, What an actress! What a faker! That thought embarrasses me so much that I look like shit in half my photos, and I don’t give a fuck. What matters to me is that the people in the room leave and say, ‘She was cool. She had a good time. She was honest."
Her Twilight co-star and subsequent stud of a boyfriend, RPatz had this to say about about her 'lack of emotion' in the majority of her photo's:
“People have decided how they are going to perceive her. No matter how many times she smiles, they’ll put in the one picture where she’s not smiling.”

She definitely looks amazing and out of her recent magazine covers, this one has the potential to be her best yet. In my favourite image from the editorial, Kristen wears one seriously sexy haute couture corset by Jean Paul Gautier, with Faberge diamonds and emeralds at the ballet, posing alongside dancer Jeremie Belingard. Critics saying that the star looks terrible in her past photographs will have a hard time denying the fact she looks utterly show stopping in this editorial, that's for sure!

I'll be the first to admit that I like Kristen. I don't care if the majority of her photo's make her look as though she's sulking or unhappy, because if you watch her on the red carpet during a live streaming, you'll see that she's got a smile on her face 80% of the time. You don't walk around with a smile plastered to your face, so don't expect that from her either. She's a human being like you and I - albeit, highly paid and famous, but a human being like you and I none-the-less.

What do you think of KS's Vanity Fair cover? Leave your comments below!


Photo Credit: www.vanityfair.com

Comments

  1. I think those are the best photos I've seen of her yet. I saw the first two twilight movies, and quite honestly she didn't impress me as an actress. In those, Runaways, and the new Snow White, she basically plays the same exact character. Very monotone acting. I dont know if they don't give her enough to work with, but she is just *flat* on screen to me.
    She IS gorgeous though! This spread really makes her shine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts