Summer Shopping

"I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist." -Tammy Faye Bakker

 H&M trousers, Topshop bralet,
Primark shoes & blazer, Next clutch bag.

Accessories: Swarovski key necklace,
ROX shambala bracelet
Sekonda Seksy rose gold watch.
 
Well folks, here's a first for the books at Vita di Moda: A style post. This weekend, I decided it was time to go a little shopping trip and see what pieces I could buy for my trip to Italy in May and June.
After about five outfit changes before leaving the house, I found a pair of H&M floral printed trousers that I purchased not that long ago and had completely forgotten about - I blame the fact that my corner unit wardrobe is big enough to fit about 4 people comfortably, and not the fact that I shop too much -  so I threw those on with a floral print bralet I got from Topshop a while back, a black blazer, nude pumps (both from Primark) and a colour-block clutch from Next that my mums friend bought me as a gift for my 21st a couple of weeks ago.
The outfit both shocked and delighted me due to the fact that normally I shy away from too much print and automatically feel out of my comfort zone, but this choice of outfit got me thinking that maybe I'm coming into my own a little more now and realising my own style.
At 21, this style revelation comes entirely welcomed, especially after a series of trying out various stereotypes in my teenage years. From gothic wannabe wearing entirely black, to nedette in Fred Perry shirts, silver eye shadow and tracksuit bottoms - I've tried them all in a bid to find out who I am, both as a person and style wise..

Top Left: Topshop Stud Shoes,
Bottom Left: Primark Aztec Print Bikini
Right: River Island Feather Print Maxi
After deciding that my outfit choice would suffice, I headed to Braehead shopping centre with my mum - who was also shopping for summer clothes - to see what we could find. After a good few hours I ended up with nude, spike Topshop shoes, wet-look leggings also from Topshop, a feather print maxi from River Island and a stunning Aztec print bikini from Primark. There were some items that I thought about buying, but just couldn't justify in doing so. FYI: I'm trying this thing now - inspired by Alexa Chung in her last contribution feature in UK Vogue, actually - where I think of 3 different outfits for that one item: If I can do that, I buy it. If not, it goes back onto the rail. I was hoping to have found a lot more, but that's normally what happens isn't it? You want to shop - you find nothing. You can't really afford to shop - you find everything.

Finally, after all that wondering around from shop to shop, we had built up an appetite and headed to the food court for a bite to eat. My mum said that she quite fancied trying the new Handmade Burger Co, so we went there. Me, being on my low carb diet until I go to Italy - only sixteen days left, hallelujah! - couldn't have the burgers, so I opted for a house salad with added chargrilled chicken and vinaigrette dressing on the side. I thought I would be crying my way through the meal, seeing as the burgers looked so good, but my salad was really tasty and I didn't at all feel like I was missing out on anything. I'm not going to lie though, when this diet is over I am going to enjoy every single piece of bread, pasta and pizza that I eat in Italy. I cannot wait!

Did any of you happen go shopping this weekend: did you find anything nice for the summer? Also, what do you think of this style of post? Would you like to see more like it in the future? Let me know!

Comments

  1. cool blog, check out our blog we are loving the maxi dress trend for spring! http://tomyb.com/smedia.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those floral pants:) super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts