In The Spotlight: Karlie Kloss

In The Spotlight: Karlie Kloss

Just like the majority of you lovely bloggers out there, I find myself on Pinterest until the wee hours of the morning, constantly repinning things until my eyes have gone square. It was in doing this last night that I found the inspiration needed for this next post - Karlie Kloss.
I'm assuming that you all know who Karlie is, right? Well, if not here are some fun facts about the model:

  • Full name, Karlie Elizabeth Kloss born August 3rd 1992
  • She is a high fashion model who also happens to be a Victoria's Secret Angel
  • She previously studed at a prestigious ballet school in St Louis before becoming signing up to Elite Model Management in 2007
  • She is ranked 3rd on the Top Models Women List by models.com
  • She has walked for far more designers than I can count at each of the four fashion capitols: New York, Paris, London & Milan.
  • She cancelled all Fall 2012 fashion shows at New York, London and Milan to make way for some secret project that she was working on. (Elle has the theory that it was for a commercial in Japan that fell through) She then made an appearance at Paris Fashion Week by opening the Anthony Vaccarello show.
  • I wish I looked like her <-- that's more of a personal fact. I'm pretty sure a lot of women wish they looked like her!

So now that you're a little more up to speed on who she is, lets get down to the post at hand. I wanted to feature Karlie purely because of how striking she is in editorials - especially seeing as she's only 19 years old. She has fast become thee model to watch, with everybody wanting her to be the face for their products. I never usually take notice in models, to the point where I practically envy them, but Karlie has made an impression on me. I know I said that Pinterest inspired me to feature her, but it is actually the spread in British Vogue: May that I want to show you. She just looks absolutely amazing in the photographs illustrating her whirlwind couture schedule.  

Vogue UK: May 2012 Editorial - Image found via Google Image Search
Vogue UK: May 2012 Editorial - Images taken from the magazine by myself using a FujiFilm FinePix S2980

I've been thinking for a while now that I want to do a type of post that I do once a week: How about this sort of "in the spotlight" feature? Let me know if you like this sort of post and if I should do one like it every week! xo

Comments

  1. do it! i'll be interested on who you mention next week, definitely a series I'd look forward to reading!

    wishuponasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! I definitely think it'll be something that I'l adopt for Vita di Moda: Possibly a Saturday feature, so watch out for it again next week :)

      - Maria xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts