Antoni & Alison

Antoni & Alison
Autumn/Winter 2012

The Designers
With all of these April showers and winter-like weather forecasts up here in Scotland, I've been thinking about the trends for next season and the shows from Fashion Week in February, in a bid to try and warm myself up a bit. One show in particular that I have been having another look at recently is the AW'12 collection from London Fashion Week designers Antoni & Alison. 

The collection stood out for me purely because of the fun and funky way that they used print placements. The designers took various haberdashery, sequins, metallic bows and other items, then - what looked like - scanned them into Photoshop and printed them onto various fabrics. The look was modern, unique and actually, pretty familiar to a collection of textile prints I created in high school almost four years ago using various pieces of candy.

Antoni & Alison was one of the first shows that I saw from LFW this year and to be honest, it portrayed everything you expect to see from London: originality, quirkiness and a totally unique look that raises some perfectly groomed eyebrows.


My particular favourite - and piece that I wouldn't mind having in my wardrobe - is the sequin dress from the top image, but I want to know what your thoughts are for this particular collection and if you have a favourite piece: Let me know in the comments below! 

Photo Credit: www.thisislondon.co.uk

Comments

  1. this is such a unique collection!
    lovely post!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your blog! Now following u on Facebook&Bloglovin!
    xoxo*

    http://segredosdeglamour.tumblr.com
    https://www.facebook.com/segredosdeglamour/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, love how patched together it looks!

    http://mystyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts